Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wow, a week since I posted. Hmm well I guess I should do some catch up.

IT'S FREAKING COLD!!!!!!!! We got slammed with a snow storm over the weekend. It wasn't as bad as they predicted though. They had said a foot of snow and we only got about 5-6 inches. Not to bad. Now we're in the midst of some horrible arctic blast. With the wind chill we're feeling about -10. Not fun. At least we're not in North Dakota where it's -45. That's just insane. That's don't leave your house till spring weather. Every cold day pushes me closer to Florida!

Well, we went to the doctor today to get all of Nick's test results. It turns out that he is allergic to milk/dairy/casein. He also has a large yeast build up. She gave me an rx for the yeast that he will have to be on for 2 months and that should flush it out of his system. As for the milk... he needs to go on a casein free diet. Ho Hum. Not fun. BUT, at least it wasn't the gluten. THAT would have been a freakin nightmare. So for now, no milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, etc. We don't have to pull things made with milk yet. She said start slow and see how he does. Just pull the straight dairy for right now.

She did Calli's workup today too and said she can tell just by the look of her that her tests will come back most likely the same as Nicks. So might as well put everyone on the dairy free diet. Of course if the kids have to be on it, we'll do it too. Not exactly good parenting to drink a milkshake infront of your kids who can't have it. hee hee hee. So now I'm on the search for what we can and can't have and recipes on how to cook now without using dairy. This should be interesting.

Weight check. BLAH!!! I'm still sitting at 180. It's been a month now and the freaking scale hasn't moved!!! It's so annoying. Although, I know it's because I'm not getting in enough protein. I'm out of shake stuff and I haven't had a chance to get more. I'm going to do that tomorrow. Hopefully that will kick it off again.

Oh, I have to download the pictures but the other day we took the kids sneaker skating! We don't have ice skates, and hell if I'm gonna buy them. The kid down the road cleared a bunch of the lake in front of his house for a hockey rink and we brought the kids down to slide on the ice. Nick even got to play some hockey with Sean. John was pushing the kids along the ice. They had a blast. I'll put the picks on soon. It was kinda scary to stand on the lake. I was just so scared that I would here CCCCRRRAAACK!!!!!! and we'd all fall in. Not that I really had to worry since the lake is only 6 feet deep. LOL But still, it'd be cold!

Speaking of cold, my toes are froze... I'm going on the couch under the blankie. Stay warm folks!

No comments: