Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This weather SUCKS!! I hate it. Ya know, when it's any other season you think, oh, winter's not to bad. And then you go for about a week with your toes so cold it hurts to stand and you remember.... IT SUCKS!!

John's on a Florida kick right now. He's always said, no way, it's too hot down there. Now, all of a sudden, he's like, that's it, sell everything and let's go. He even went so far as to have me check real estate down there. I did find something that was 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, in ground pool, needed a TON of work, basically like this house was and it was $18,000. That's right folks, 18,000. Like I said, it needed a lot of work. But even the stuff that was in move in condition was nothing. Most of it was under 100,000. CRAZY!!!

I don't know. I like the idea of change. I like the idea of warm weather all the time. Sunshine on my shoulder, makes me happy!! (channeling John Denver). I think the only thing that would hold me here is my Mommy. I don't think I could live that far away from her. And I mean, how guilty would I feel if her last child upped and moved to Florida with the other two and left her up here all by herself. How crappy would that be of me! I SUCK.

Not that we could do it right now anyway. Maybe in a couple of years. The housing market sucks and we would never be able to sell our house. Although, if they foreclose, we would! lol Plus I would have to find a good Autistic school down there. That's a big deterrent. Pulling Nick out of his school would be horrid. And trying to find another school down there as good as this one... I highly doubt it. Plus, once we go down there, there's no coming back unless we win the lottery or something.

Oh who knows. All I know is this weather sucks. My deck is a sheet of ice and John stole my car this morning. BASTARD LOLOL oh well. Kids are both home today, so I better go entertain them before they trash my house. TA

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Florida?!?! You don't need no stinkin' Florida! LOL! Believe me, you wouldn't like it! Now, North Carolina, there's a good place to go! :) Love ya girl, and don't fret, winter only has a few more months to torture you!

Anonymous said...

Should I mention that we just returned from 2 weeks in FL - clear blue skies, sunny, and 75 non-stop...

Does that make up for the crappy schools and 9 months of horrifically hot weather 95+ 99 percent humidity? NO FREAKIN' WAY. But it's nice to visit!!!

Luv ya - we're TOTALLY encased in ice. No gettin' off the mountain today! UGH... -- marg