Thursday, November 20, 2008

I know my blogs are now few and far between, but boy, I just don't have a lot of time these days. Between baking, cleaning, laundry, cooking, gymnastics, workouts, and shopping for birthdays... I'm booked and beat. I just made two dozen cupcakes that are now cooling before I have to icing them. Those are for Nick's school tomorrow. Then tomorrow I have to make his cake for Saturday. Shelly let me borrow her giant cupcake pan and even though Nick was really upset that Shell couldn't make his truck cake, he got over it pretty quick when I showed him the cupcake cake. He thought that was pretty cool.

Going shopping for his birthday with Callihan in tow was a nightmare. She just kept saying, I want that, I want that. "It's not YOUR birthday!" I kept saying. We ended up getting Nick two Wii games (both on sale WOO HOO!) A Hot Wheels racing one and the Lego's Star Wars one. We got him the Wall-E movie, a construction trucks set (found in the cheapy section) and this zero gravity car that he was begging for. The thing drives on the walls and ceiling. Should be interesting.

If anyone else is looking for stuff for him:

Anything Lego's as long as they are the small ones. Plain Lego's are fine, but if you are going to buy the sets, stick to things that are cars or trucks. He's not really interested in the ships, space ships, air plane type things.

Any sets for his Geo Tracks train.

Games for the Wii or the Gameboy (not the DS!) - Non-Violent Only Please

Cars and trucks are always a winner for him.

Size 8/10 clothes

Moon Sand

That should be good for now. Christmas lists to come. Oh boy! Why couldn't I have summer babies???

Oh, Lea is taking me to the movies on Tuesday to see Twilight. That's the new movie out made from the book I just read that Cassy got me addicted to while she was here. I read the damn thing in 3 days. (500 some odd pages). She said she mailed me the next one, but I haven't gotten it yet. I have a feeling she sent it to the wrong town. Arg.

Ok, off to do another load of laundry and put icing on the cupcakes.

Party is around 1-2 pm on Saturday. Oh, let's say 1:30 and make it even. Please remember that we are also celebrating John's birthday which is tomorrow. No gift is required, but if you'd like to get him something, stuff for the fish tank would be good. Plants, little houses or even fish would be great. But a card and a hug is all he really needs. hee hee hee (when it's my birthday... I want PRESENTS DAMNIT!!) I'm greedy, what can I say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did you ever have time to work? (tee hee) Donna..