Monday, February 16, 2009

An ENTIRE WEEK!!! Nick is off all week. UG!! Don't get me wrong, I love my son more than life itself, but to have the two of them home together for a whole week.... I'm going to pull my hair out. They fight allllllllll the time. I wish it was warm out so we could go do something. But of course it's not. It's cold and muddy and gross out. YUCK! I'll think of something I guess. I know Shelly and I will be working on the cake, so that will take up some time.

John is getting much more antsy about this move. He actually wanted me to pack the house up so we could leave in the next week. I told him no. Not only can we not just leave the house, but Nick needs to finish the school year. I think he can make it through another couple of months.

I still don't know if I'm ready for this. I have a lot of mixed feelings. Yes, Florida is sunny and warm and would be good for the kids. BUT, It's very far away. AND, although he bitches about the cold, I know John's going to be bitching about the heat even more. I am actually pretty scared about doing this. That's probably why I'm not packing anything. I figure I have till the end of May to make up my mind and then I need to start packing. It's just realy scary. I know we'll go anyway, but it's still weird.

I've changed a lot recently. I don't know if it's the thought of moving or that I just finally grew up a little. Especially when it comes to cleaning. Anyone who's been in my house knows that I HATE cleaning. It's always trashed. When you came over, you just expected a disaster. Now it's clean all the time. I mean, like, you can see my kitchen counters. The dishes are done, the floors are vacuumed, the clothes are put away. My car is actually clean too! How bizarre?!? I wonder if being a stay at home mom finally kicked in.

I've become more forgiving too. I actually spoke to my ex-best friend. Nothing in depth, but a kind of catch up. Not that I want to go back down that road. AND!!! I actually let John invite his parents to Calli's birthday party. Now, if you were on the fence about coming to the party, THAT should make you want to run here. It should be VERY interesting. I'm taking bets now to see if she even speaks to me. hee hee hee

Maybe all these changes are good. Maybe it's a signal to me that it's time for a lot of changes and this move is what I need. Hell, maybe I just need to go to Sea World.

Just a little side note, Good luck today Tim. I know it's going to be hard, but know that he wouldn't have wanted anyone but you to do it. You're a good man.

No comments: