Thursday, February 19, 2009

5 years ago today...

I was enjoying company at my house after being on bed rest for 2 months. My sister was here with her kids and she was making a big turkey dinner for us. At around 7 I got up to make Nick's plate and WOOSH the mayhem began. Ambulances and doctors were called, paramedics started rushing in, the medivac helicopter was in the air. Rushing to the hospital while trying to avoid bumps that were making the gushing blood worse (sorry TMI) Being whisked off to labor and delivery, and then having an episode of ER begin. Nurses scrambling, rushing in and out, machines being hooked up everywhere, my doctor coming in and looking very concerned, complete chaos! Being wheeled off to the OR with urgent looks on everyone's faces. And then with about 15 min, seeing my VERY tiny baby girl being whisked off to the NICU. John telling me "She's small, but she looks good." Hearing her little cry that got her the nickname of "Mouse".

I can't believe it's been 5 years. It goes by so fast. For those of you expecting or have infants, cherish every moment. Even when you haven't slept in days and the baby has collic and is driving you insane... hold onto every moment, because there will come a time that you look down and your 2 month old is now 5 and you feel like you missed everything.

I'm being adventurous for the party. Normally I make store bought appetizers and everyone likes them. But this time, I'm making everything from scratch. Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew. Here's the menu...

Sweet & sour shrimp puffs

Cheesy Chicken & artichoke bites

Mini ham & cheese calzones

BBQ meatballs

Avocado stuffed sliders

And for the kids..

pigs in a blanket

chicken nuggets

and possibly a ziti

Anyone who's ever been to a party at my house knows I like to feed my guests. I actually think it will cost a lot less for me to make all this then to buy all the frozen crap. I always cater more to the adults even when it's a kids party, just cause the kids are so busy playing, they never really eat anyway. As long as I can make something for them to shove in there mouths before cake, it's fine.

Let me know if you'd like anything else that I haven't listed. I'm up for the challenge... I think. LOL

Calli is very excited that so many people are coming. She's been asking me all morning when everyone is gonna get here. I keep telling her they aren't coming till Sunday, but she insists that TODAY is her birthday, so everyone should come today! LOL

I went through all my Mary Kay stuff yesterday. Holy crap there was a lot. There's nothing over $25 and that price is for some of the sets I have that were holiday things. Most of the rest is under $15. I have a lot of make up left, so please... take it all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLI!!!!

What no Kilbasi?? j/k We'll be there, to take part in all of the fun, and make sure you tell us if you need us to bring ANYTHING!!!

kj said...

wow from scratch?! you're a brave one! i can't wait! :)