Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You know you're a paranoid mother when....

Last night, Calli, John and I were sitting on the couch. We were just playing and talking and I notice a very ugly looking mole on Calli's neck just below her jaw line. I touch it and feel that it's very raised and realize that it wasn't there a day or two ago. I immediately got very concerned and planned to call the dr. first thing in the morning. John looked at it and agreed that it was unusual. After a minute or two he called her over to look at it again. Then said to me, what did she have for lunch? I said, pb&j. He then proceeds to scrape off the "mole". Seems it was just a bit of jelly. hee hee, oops. I guess maybe it's better to jump to a conclusion concerning your kids health then to not notice at all.... right???

Speaking of Calli, the child NEVER STOPS TALKING! Mom said I was like that too and now I wonder how the hell that woman is sane at all. My God! It's just non-stop. She can talk about anything, and if she doesn't have a subject, she starts making up stories. It amazes me what she comes up with. Lately, I've just been sitting there watching her talk and watching the faces she makes (which are hysterical). She has such an imagination. I really have to try to get some of it on tape.

She's so unlike Nick. Nicky never really had an imagination. He never made up stories or played games like that. I'm sure it's an Aspie thing, but it could also be a boy thing. I feel like I've lost touch with him lately. He comes home from school and vanishes to his room. He doesn't really talk to me anymore. Even on the weekends, it's like he's lost in his own little world upstairs building legos, which he's amazing at. He comes down all proud of himself for what he's made. It's great, but I feel like I've lost him a little bit. I don't know how to interact with my kids. I don't know what to do with them "together" that would be fun for me too. I don't remember being one of those "imagination" kids like Calli. So when she wants to play like that, I actually don't know what to do. Weird.

So if anyone out there has activities that I can do with the kids that we can all enjoy and doesn't cost anything, fire away. I'm hoping that when we're in a warmer climate we can be outside playing sports and stuff. (HA!! Did you hear that? ME wanting to play sports!)

We went to the park on Sunday and that was fun. Nick brought his scooter and while John took Calli into the play area, Nick and I did a lap around the entire park. I had to run most of the way to keep up with him, and I didn't die. It was really nice. Before we left, we all went around again. John was so out of breath and I was fine. Hee hee, I told him, from now on whenever he wants a snack or to eat garbage, to remember that walk.

Weight update, I'm down to 167 - that's 90 pounds folks. My work out buddy injured her back so we haven't been able to work out (starting again today). And of course I can't seem to get myself to move without her. Although, I've been helping my friend Margaret clear up and organize her Mary Kay stock room and that was a little bit of a work out. Standing for hours and lots of bending. I felt muscles I didn't know I had! Hopefully I can get myself back on track now.

Ok, off to my workout. ttfn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memory games, card games, board games, sculpey clay (make magnets)red light green light (on your kneesfor inside), mother may I, and cooking are some good activities the 3 or 4 of you can do together inside. When Calli wants to play with you and you lack imagination, do something that you know and it is easier to make it up. Such as setting up a little "grocery store" that you're the cashier and she can come through with her baby. Or a pretend beauty salon. When you know the subject and are participating 1st person it is easier than playing with barbies and making them talk.

Getting excited for Friday!

Please go on my facebook and price the bridal shower cake :) I gave the lady the cake for Saturday and she won't pay me until I give her a price. If anybody wants to go on my facebook and put prices to cakes it would be much appreciated because I can't do it.

Anonymous said...

wow 90 pounds! That's how much Christine weighs! Great work!

Donna