Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Off we go on our grand new adventure!  I'm actually not as freaked out as I thought I would be. Probably because at this point, it just feels like we're going on vacation. I'm very excited.

Last night as we settled in to sleep, I remembered everything I forgot. So this morning we had to make a bank run and stop for Nick's medical records before we could get on the road.

As we loaded the van, we found another box worth of stuff to be packed and a dining room chair that somehow got missed being put on the truck. John was able to squeeze everything in and had everthing loaded.... then I remembered the load of clothes in the dryer. Oops. After another rearrangement, we were off. By the first of the forgotten stops, we realized the arrangements were not working for the dogs so we had to re-do it again. And then subsequently, two more times before they settled in and were happy.  So, besides the cat howling for the last two hours (she does not like being caged), we're off to a decent start.

So far the kids are fine. They were very unhappy when the cat utilized her litter box, but otherwise all is well. They didn't get a lot of sleep last night so their both passed out right now.

My back and knees aren't thrilled at this point but I brought plenty of drugs. My pillow tucked behind me is helping some. John's driving now and I'll probably take over for a bit after lunch.

Not many interesting sights yet. A truck driver swearving all over the road, a pickup truck with a odd slogan, fields and cows. Hopefully the sites will get better.

That's it for now. More to come.

No comments: