Monday, June 6, 2011

The "sicks" have hit our house. Ug. I've been fighting a chest cold. Yesterday, I was miserable. If I coughed... OUCH! I actually called out of work which I NEVER do. Especially on a Sunday (my money day). But John worked a lot of overtime this week, so it balanced.
Calli was starting to feel it last night and woke up pretty crappy this morning. She didn't have a fever, so I sent her to school with instructions to go to the nurse if she's really miserable. We'll see if she lasts the day. I hate summer colds! You should never get sick in the summer. It ruins the fun.
I sat at Nick's last track meet yesterday. He did pretty well. Track is not his thing. He hates it and I think it was a one time deal. But trying something new is always important. He did improve over the season and that's great. We left early though. He had done some extra events so he didn't want to wait the hour or so for his last event (I didn't blame him). We missed some interesting happenings though. Apparently, during the down time in between events, some of the kids went into the woods and thought it would be fun to throw rocks into the parking lot. They then played target practice with the cars! They damaged 3 or 4 cars (two of which were coaches) and set off an alarm which brought people looking and got them busted. Police were called and needless to say, our coach is PISSED!!
I can't imagine what the parents of those kids are feeling right now. I'm sure they are freaking out. I'm just glad it wasn't my kid! Thank God! I can say, NICK DIDN"T DO IT! What were these kids thinking?? Throw rocks.. ok... Hit cars with them???? WHAT? That's just crazy. Unfortunately, I know that Nick is such a follower, that if he was there with them, he probably would have done it too. So glad we left. Although, Nick has to stay with us during meets because there is so much down time, he easily gets in trouble. I used it as a teaching tool this morning though. I told him what happened and then gave him a big long speach about it. Basically, if you ever did something like that, this, this, this and this would happen. Blah blah blah, I'm sure I sounded like the Peanuts teacher by the end. But hopefully it sunk it that doing something like that is NOT a good idea.
We walked the Denville street festival afterwards, but I was feeling so awful, I just wanted to go home. We watched Gnomeo & Juliet which was cute and then John and I watched 127 Hours. That's the movie about the guy that went climbing and the rock fell and caught his arm and he had to cut his arm off to save himself. It was pretty intense. Poor guy!! Would I do that? Would I say "Fuck it" and die there or would I be able to cut my arm off and walk out with my stump. I don't know. I don't think I would worry about the loss of the arm. It would be the actual cutting off of the arm that would cause me pause. I can't handle a stubbed toe!!
Ok, on a new tangent.... Like I said before, I went back and read all my old posts. I talk a lot about how crappy my memory is. Well, apparently that is correct, because I couldn't remember half of what I wrote!! I'm laughing at all this stuff and reading it to John. (He didn't remember some of it either so I didn't feel too bad). Damn kids suck your brain cells out and they never regenerate! I really need to keep up with the blog so I can look back at it when I'm in my 80's and know what I did! My entire life is just a whisper in the wind. What I really need is to have our lives on one of those reality shows. Have cameras around us all the time so that its all caught on tape and we can never forget it. Although... having everything we do and say on tape.... maybe not such a good idea. LOL
I have more to say, but I think I've changed subjects enough for today. More tomorrow. Off to do laundry, yup, still have that to do constantly!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You still crack me up girl! Miss ya!