Friday, June 3, 2011

Long Time, No Type

I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I've written my blog. Two Years!! That's just crazy. A friend recently mentioned that he missed reading it so I thought I would run down memory lane and see what I wrote.
I just spent the last 2 days re-reading all my posts. I think some of them are missing. Especially the very first ones. They're all gone, but that's all right.
Dang, I was a miserable son of a bitch, wasn't I? I can't believe how down I was all time. I didn't have many good things to say, although I did say it very eloquently. I didn't realize how well I wrote. LOL
I do realize that most of this was written pre-surgery which would explain the depression and also that was not a great time for John and I.
Boy, how times have changed....
The last time I wrote, we had just moved to Rockaway. Well, we've been here two years now and are really happy. I love this town. Always have. The kids are in school and are both doing great. Nick started main stream school this year and really happy.
John's working at a place he likes (so far). He's not making great money, but enough. I work part time at Cracker Barrel. I went back to my roots, waitressing. It works well for our schedule. I work while the kids are at school and on Sundays. During the summer, I only work Sundays. How many jobs will let you do that??? None. Our collars couldn't be any bluer at this point, but hey, we're the typical American family.
We've semi gotten our finances in order. The house still hasn't sold in Byram. Can you believe that!! It's still sitting there. Waiting for foreclosure, but we've just pretty much forgotten about it. That's the past. We've gotten most of our bills paid off (through the help of friends) and now we're trying to pay off those friends. Always in debt I guess. John was getting paid a lot last year with his last job (but insane hours) but the new job is a lot less. At this point we are just getting by so of course, paying others off is going to take longer than we hoped. But it WILL happen damnit. I'm determined! At least at this point we're not stressing over whether we'll have money for the bills. It's always there! That's an amazing feeling.
I think being able to pay the bills has done a number on us. It's changed our lives for the better. John and I rarely fight anymore (not never, but rarely LOL) We're less stressed and just happier people.
I've been at 150 pounds for almost 2 years now. It's awesome. I'm in a size 6. Can you believe that? From a 18 - 22 to a 6! Yay Surgery! I'm still not happy with my body though (of course). I really want a body lift! Boobs, tummy, butt, arms. I look really good in clothes, but naked.... not so much. I look like the incredible melting woman. It's sad, but hey, I look good in clothes. LOL
My mood is definitely MUCH better. I still have my days where I hate everyone and everything, but that's mostly my PMS times.
So, hopefully, I'll start this blog back up and running and have way better things to talk about... happier things.
I'm off to work now. More to come!

1 comment:

barbara Hart said...

You go girs glad you are back and running,you sound so much better I love you yur MOm