Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I can't believe I am saying this, but in approximately 2 1/2 weeks we will be moving BACK TO ROCKAWAY!!

We finally found a house to rent. Single family, on a dead end street, fenced in yard and semi affordable. I will most likely have to get a job or get the Mary Kay in gear to cover it, but I think we'll be fine. Now the craziness begins.

I have to change/cancel/connect all the utilities, register Calli for kindergarten, transfer Nick's school, change of address, renter's insurance, football registration..... Not to mention trying to get this house all packed up. UG!

We had a full weekend and of course today I woke up, couldn't eat cause I had to get blood work done (surgery follow up), go do that, go to the bank to get the security deposit and drop that off to Rich. By the time I was done, I had a RAGING headache. Wahhh. So I came home and ate something and took a nap for an hour. I still feel like doodie though. So no packing got done today. Tomorrow I'll start. Of course I have to find more boxes though, otherwise our entire house will be packed in small Mary Kay boxes that I got from clearing out Margaret's storage room.

We're helping our friends Lea and Tom move this weekend and then our niece's birthday party is on Sunday, so that will blow some time. The following weekend is the town wide garage sale... which works out since I was planning one for this weekend and then realized we wont be home for most of it. So I'll try to get everything packed and then whatever is left will be sold. Then the following weekend is move in. EEEKKKK!! (Allison, garage saleing with you is still on, I may just have to shorten my attendance time though, otherwise John will kill the children or sell them!)

I'm really happy, I just don't think it's sunk in yet that we're really moving. I can't wait till it's done and I can get the kids settled. Not to mention being only 2 minutes from Shell! How cool is that?!?!

Everyone else is good. Well, they are now at least. My niece called me last week and told me they had an accident. She tripped over the dog while carrying the baby and fell. The baby hit his head and got a knot so they took him to the hospital. Unfortunately, it turned out that he had fractured his skull. Poor baby! They sent him to the bigger hospital and kept him over-night running tests and so forth. But all was well. They sent him home the next evening with just "watch him" instructions and to come back in six weeks to check the fracture. Of course Cassy was a mess, it being her first baby and him only being a month old. I tried to calm her, but it's hard when you're 1,500 miles away. Luckily it wasn't worse than it was and he's doing fine now. But we were worried there for a while. Love and prayers for little Madden.

Otherwise.... hmmm, oh, jeeze, I'm reading My Sister's Keeper. Not a good choice if you're a mom. I swear I keep checking my kids for bruises and every time they cough or something, I'm picturing chemo or something horrible. I love to read. Anyone who knows me knows I'm addicted really. But I always seem to get so engrossed in a book that I can actually FEEL it. I swear that when I read The Stand by Stephen King, I had a cold through the ENTIRE BOOK! I'm such a dork. This current book is really good. I, unfortunately, skipped to the end like I always do and got a shock that I wasn't expecting. I usually don't mind these surprises, but for some reason, this one hit me kinda hard and I'm not liking the fact that I'm getting closer and closer to that end. I don't want it to end that way, but such is life.

Coffee break, please hold..... Aaaahhhhh, yum

It's freezing in my house. Of course we have no heat, so when the air dips outside, it plummets inside. It's about 55 in here now. Arg. I can't wait to move!!!

So, if anyone is around and available to help me pack for the next 2 weeks, feel free to stop buy, and if anyone is available the weekend of the 13/14 of June, come grab a box!! Lunch will be served to all who help. Nothing like my usual meals, sad to say, but I'm sure pizza and beer can be arranged.

That's it for now, I'm going to go bundle up in a blankey.

2 comments:

kj said...

the movie My Sister's Keeper is coming out soon! I read that book last year and gave it to my sis to read...I'm anxious for the movie! 2 other books that I really enjoyed (and are actually both being made into movies as well, go figure) are "The Time-Traveler's Wife" and "The Lovely Bones" (second one is pretty sad though but it's still an amazing book) I don't know how you skip to the end though. I probably would stop reading if I did that!

kj said...

the movie "My Sister's Keeper" is coming out soon! I read it last year and gave it to my sis to read too. I'm excited for the movie...two other books that I really enjoyed (and are both actually being made into movies as well, go figure) are "The Time-Traveler's Wife" and "The Lovely Bones" (the second one is pretty sad but still an amazing story) I don't know how you skip to the end and find out what happens before you're done. I would probably never finish a book if I did that!